Need help specifying a material

I have a unique application I need help specifying a material and heat treat process for.
The application involves a circular clamp that is about 5.25 in O.D. x
4.25 in I.D. x 1.00 in thick. It is split on one side has 2 tabs with a hole in each tab on the same side as the split (It looks kind of like an external snap ring). Inserts are mounted in the two holes and a clamp screw is threaded between the two inserts. The clamp screw opens the clamp to an O.D. of about 5.88 O.D.
I am looking for a material that can be surfaced hardened to about Rc 45-50, and still be ductile enough to open and close easily without cracking.
I have done several searches on the internet with no luck. I would appreciate any advice on the type of material/heat treat that can/should be used for this application.
Thanks

6150 with a spring temper and Titanium Nitride surface coating.
--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur
RMD wrote:

Have you computed the strain that is induced by the deformation?
It appears as if the strains are so high that virtually any metal can be expected to yield upon opening the clamp by over 0.5 inches.
You can get that much opening in a "Thin" external snap ring, where thin means a small difference between ID and OD, but with an ID to OD ratio of about 0.8, and no ability to buckle or deform in the third direction, probably no metal wiill withstand that much elastic deformation.
Do you have the facilities to estimate the developed strain from the opening?
--
1) Eat Till SATISFIED, Not STUFFED... Atkins repeated 9 times in the book
2) Exercise: It's Non-Negotiable..... Chapter 22 title, Atkins book