welding 5086 aluminum alloy

Hello,
Can anybody help in finding suitable refernce material to understand
welding of 5086 alumnum alloy. We are facing a problem - unable to
qualify the welding procedure. The test coupon does not develop
required strength and is failing in mechanical tests.
We are using TiG process,AC power and 5183 filler
thanks
ap
Reply to
ap
Yeee haaw ;) a real-live metallurgy question. :)
"welding is casting" -Richard "curly" Hastings (my metallurgy teacher)
Well, now you know everything I know about the question. :/
At least I understood the question. :) Over the years here, some times I didn't even do that... let alone the answers.
Alvin in AZ
Reply to
alvinj

Site Timeline