welding 5086 aluminum alloy

Hello, Can anybody help in finding suitable refernce material to understand welding of 5086 alumnum alloy. We are facing a problem - unable to
qualify the welding procedure. The test coupon does not develop required strength and is failing in mechanical tests. We are using TiG process,AC power and 5183 filler
thanks ap

Yeee haaw ;) a real-live metallurgy question. :)
"welding is casting" -Richard "curly" Hastings (my metallurgy teacher)
Well, now you know everything I know about the question. :/
At least I understood the question. :) Over the years here, some times I didn't even do that... let alone the answers.
Alvin in AZ
ap wrote:

sci.engr.joiniung.welding
Michael Dahms