welding 5086 aluminum alloy

Hello, Can anybody help in finding suitable refernce material to understand welding of 5086 alumnum alloy. We are facing a problem - unable to qualify the welding procedure. The test coupon does not develop required strength and is failing in mechanical tests. We are using TiG process,AC power and 5183 filler

thanks ap

Reply to
ap

Yeee haaw ;) a real-live metallurgy question. :)

"welding is casting" -Richard "curly" Hastings (my metallurgy teacher)

Well, now you know everything I know about the question. :/

At least I understood the question. :) Over the years here, some times I didn't even do that... let alone the answers.

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

sci.engr.joiniung.welding