16 guage steel

I just obtained a Diacro #4 shear....24" wide cut.

It's capacity is 16 guage mild steel.

Will it cut 1/8" 3003 aluminum alright?

Or if not....both 5052 and 3003 .090 aluminum?

Rather ask first before testing.....thanks.

Reply to
EBG

Generally speaking, twice the steel thickness rating, when cutting aluminum.

I gotta admit, guage numbers mean little to me. And there are so bloody many "guage" standards as to make most of them, well, non-standard. What's 16 guage in thousandths ? Around a sixteenth? If so you should be good to an eighth in soft aluminum. IIRC the Diacro is reasonably well built, and should be able to handle that.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

It should cut .090 but you may not be able to push hard enough to cut .125". I don't think you can hurt it trying. Just don't try to cut somethng very hard and fairly thin as you may spring the machine. Leigh at MarMachine

Reply to
Leigh Knudson