3 Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM

I am going to put a larger motor in my lathe and it now has a 2HP 3 Phase 184 Frame Motor/ 1800 RPM from the 1950's made by Lima Electric Motor. Will the current NEMA frame size in the 184 frame match my current hole configuration where the old motor bolted to inside of the cabinet? I was going to move up to a 3HP motor. The lathe is a Sheldon WM56P.

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

larry g

The new motor will likely be a 182T frame, but you should check for sure. Your existing motor is a U frame which is obsolete. I'm sure you can find T frame dimensions on the net, although U frame dimensions might be hard to find. If nothing else, you can look up the 182T dimensions and then compare them with your existing motor. I am betting they are different.

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian