A candidate for membership on RCM?

Note the URL:

is a brand of vertical mill Bridgeport clone, made in Spain, pretty good machines.
Perhaps Dr. Manning intended to tell us about his milling machine but got sidetracked on a matter about which he obviously has strong opinions. That seems to happen a lot on RCM as well.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Wow, this dude has an "As a younger man, Manning burglarized homes, mostly on Long Island. He spent about three and a half years in prison in New York and Florida for burglary, robbery, larceny, criminal possession of a weapon, and other charges before his release in 1978. While in prison, he became a devout Christian."

He certainly has the right background for his calling.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yes he does. Your discoveries indicate that he turned his life around after finding Jesus, founded an educational institution of theology if not higher learning. Not quite like Martin Luther King's PhD from Boston University for those who might care to nitpick creds ... but did Dr. King found any educational institutions or was he more focussed on his personal dream?

I have a Bridgeport mill and I enjoy it. There was a Lagun at work that I liked a lot but I was unable to grab it in good conscience when it was surplussed. I had the authority to glom it but it would have been dishonest to do so. They got fair price for it at auction.

Reply to
Don Foreman

It sounds more like he learned how to con the credulous in the Jesus racket. It's a lot safer than lifting things from their homes.

Anyone who annoints himself with a PhD is doing some kind of con job. With his prison record he would have had trouble getting into the CDO racket.

Uh, yeah, "not quite like" is the understatement of the week.

The "education" taught at Manning's ATLAH Theological Seminary consists of classes on preaching and prophecy. It isn't about religion. It's about how to stand behind a pulpit and be a confidence man:

Ed Huntress

Start thread to promote lunatic BS rant - check Later claim that he doesn't agree with what he posted - check Toss out pathetically strained rationalizations nevertheless - check

Yup, gummer 2.0 in training. Private Foreman rested and ready in case General Gummy's next ambulance adventure goes awry.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

You may have pegged it yourself. Not being able to clearly see the puddle makes controlling it problematic.

What kind of rod are you using? It may be that a lower penetration "drag" rod like 6013 or 7014 might make things easier.

Reply to
Don Foreman

But , Don I was hoping wmbjk would help. It's my first welder. It just showed up in the father-in-law's truck at work in Vegas he didn't have room so he tossed it on my simi trailer.

It is a Sears 35-230 amp output and welds up to 3/16" rod. It's set around 170 amp and using E6011 5/32". Scaffolding is 1/8" and 3/32" (guessing) box tubing. I need to come up with some kind of lead screw to change the setting with this thing cause the only way this big plastic part moves is if ya hit it with a piece of wood. Then It moves too far.

Seems to be almost a physiological thing. Just when it's finally working like a pro it's back to sticking or blowing holes through it. You know, just when you think your pretty smart it goes to shit cause ya took that moment and lost that fleeting cutting edge.

Got me, its done and set up. Used one end of a forklift rack bolted to two sideways H's with locking casters. Took awhile to dream it up with the least amount of parts to reach a 13' vaulted ceiling and then back down to 10'. The floor keeps the rack part from twisting. sounds like a dinosaur putting it together by myself, as usual.

Glass seems as light as one would dare go. Maybe I need to turn it down a bit and learn that illusive technique of having it not stick.

Not like the first time I've welded. Have brazed, wire feed, and stick, just not good at it. And have never had any advice. Never did understand my dad, had lots of tools, and always heard you'll figure it out. Can't wait till I get some tanks and make acetalene black air floaters.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Blink blink... you must be VERY good if you only blow the occasional hole at those ranges.

Personally...Id be using about 65-70 amps and 3/32' 6013 rod..but..thats just me.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Based on his history of contributions to RCM, no doubt.

That sounds way hot for your workpieces. I'd suggest using 1/8" 6013 or 7014 at about 120 amps. I think you'll enjoy much better results.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Hmmm, two for turn it down and different rod.

Some day I want to weld up my abused 1891 (?) anvil and then bolt it down on the planer.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Partially correct. A redneck friend told me about the thing a few days ago. Even he was incredulous that some black guy was ranting in favor of revolution, and wanted to know if I'd seen it. I told him to stop clicking on the crap he gets via email. And as I've told him a dozen times before, don't forward it because that encourages the ignorati who can't resist spreading their affliction.

LOL Just like you and gummer, who somtimes say the exact same thing and yet are the only admitted names on the list of "great cull" participants! On second thought, has gummer ever admitted being on it? Or does tactical gossip foreman hold that dishonor alone? Anyway, Manning is just another impotent fool who hopes that *others* will rise up. Sound familiar?

Your rights don't exempt you from ridicule, so spare me your straw men and crocodile tears. What a fu*kin phony.

The word of a culler implying that he's not one of the Obamaphobes! How much was that ever worth? Zero, particularly considering that you're a weasel who refuses to explain the contradiction of claiming to be on a list of seditionists that you also claim to know nothing about.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Gunner Asch on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 00:10:09 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I laughed so hard - and paraphrased it for a friend "You all worried when Blacks rioted after Simi Valley. You better be really worried if you see White Folk rioting!"

LOL

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Live alligators for lawn ornaments.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Then there is AlGore the messiah of global warming. What was his degree in? Wiki indicates government with cum laude. That course in climate science and a mastery of polysci has worked well for him. I bet there are millions of people that think he is a scientist.

Even P.T. Barnum would be impressed.

Wes

Wes

Messiah Manning apparently got his Ph.D from the same Wheaties box as our resident climate scientists, Dr. Gunner and Dr. Larry. I think that most people realize that Al Gore is a politician, not a climate scientist.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Stoddy 1/8" hardfacing rod, at about 90-105 amps. Lay the runs close as you can to each other, then hit it with a wire wheel, then level it with a 9" grinder. Inspect, then hit the surface one more time, wire wheel, grind and finish with belt sander.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Three or four attempts at provocation by namecalling, now extended to include obscenity in this post. You've sunk to TMT's level of trolling ineptitude. To represent your tantrum as ridicule is ridiculous.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Manning graduated from The College of New Rochelle with a Bachelor of Arts degree and continued on to Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York where he was awarded a Master of Divinity.[6] Manning also holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree from his own ATLAH Theological Seminary, an unaccredited educational institution.[7]

As a younger man, Manning burgled homes, mostly on Long Island. He spent about three and a half years in prison in New York and Florida for burglary, robbery, larceny, criminal possession of a weapon, and other charges before his release in 1978. While in prison, he became a devout Christian.[1]

Reply to
Don Foreman

Ive submitted Waynes name to the List. Oddly enough..it has been submitted several times by other people from what I gather.

Shrug...he wont be around much longer.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

And Gunner never claims to have much edumacation. Some time spent at Michigan Tech (Houghton)..but nothing earth shattering.

Whine on the other hand..appears to be as well educated as a congeries of fecal res.

Shrug