A candidate for membership on RCM?

Well, at least she didn't caress your face in the middle of the night and ask: "You still here, Honey?" :)

Reply to
John Husvar

I hope she feels better soon.

Reply to
John Husvar

LOL

... posting from in front of a house with unsecured wifi do doubt, and lecturing on how to be prepared for the zombi apocalypse despite being unprepared for everyday realities such as paying for Internet access.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

What would either of you know about rationality? I ask again, how can you be on a list of seditionists that you claim to know nothing about? Would that sound rational to you if anyone else had claimed it?

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Thanks, John. It's nothing dangerous, but she's been very uncomfortable. She's working on it.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I come by the inner Puritan honestly. My ancestors killed Indians for God and the King. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

oh well.

Reply to
Ala

Bummer. Spoil her a little. Feeling lousy is no fun at all.

Reply to
Don Foreman

And then the invaders had the gall to build a church on the ground-zero site of the council wigwam they'd torched!

Reply to
Don Foreman

And during Queen Anne's War, one of the women in my family scalped 'em. There was a good bounty on the pelts.

I don't think they were Puritans, though. Anglicans, or something like that.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, that explains it. Los Angeles is a pretty rough place.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Can you be a writer without a beard?

Balding manager at work had me wondering what was different about him. Everytime I'd see him on the plant floor something just seemed wrong. Finally I asked a coworker and it was pointed out to me that a beard had been shaved off for summer.

I hope you wife feels better soon.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Yes, if you wear tweed jackets with leather elbow patches. It's one or the other.

Thanks, Wes.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

anyone else has.

And Im back.

New neighbor on the other lot downhill from me just moved in and we met and compared notes. I had to show him my shop, he had to bring over a badly scored 2 stoke cylinder from his dirt bike, I had to show him how a mill works.....and the long and short of it is..Ive got net again. It was..was a productive few days though...got a lot of stuff done around the property without Usenet.

Gonna cost me $10 a month for high speed, using my wireless stuff, and Ill need to tweak some of my wireless gear..but..Its working just fine.

I couldnt let the Great Cull happen without having some commentary in who gets bulldozed into the ditch, now could I?

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 01:26:20 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote the following:

Now, if you'd just learn to stop posting to the idiot trolls, you'd waste far less of your (and our) time, Gunner. Plonk 'em and you'll have all that more time to play in the shop! Pretty Please? xoxox

That's roughly 33 cents per day. I have DSL via Qwest for $20 and couldn't be happier...compared to the old Starband sat delays and snail-like dialup pace.

Damned Tootin', sir!

-- Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst. -- Lin Yutang

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You may want to remind him that they also paid taxes to that king, even without representation

Reply to
Ala

Quite so! So they behaved more like invaders than immigrants, sending wealth to a foreign government while murdering the indigenous population in the name of God and (foreign) King.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Ala

Thank you so much. That was fascinating!

Ever since I was a kid - and by this I mean 10 years old - I said, there'd never be a real Los Engeles even if they got to be softer, because once there would be no enemy the Anglicans would have to start arguing with one another.

Such a prescient amnd precocious little kid I was

Thanks for the reporting!

Reply to
Ala