A9 tool steel

I recently got a drum of steel ingots and sprues that included A9 tool steel. I noticed that the wear qualities were not that great, what is the typical application? Alan

Reply to
Alan Black

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Thanks Ned, that's the web site where I found out that A9 had poor wear properties, but for some reason didn't find this particular page on A9 Typical Applications, senior moment I guess.

Reply to
Alan Black