Adjusting a Dumore sensitive drill press

I have a Dumore model 16-021 drill press*. There is some float between the 2 pieces of the motor case, with springs to keep things snug. The fitting of the 2 pieces affects the bearing alignment and the end forces on them.

To adjustment the fit I've just been running it while turning the screws and listening. I'm going for the highest, quiet speed. This works, I guess, but I'm thinking that there has to be a more methodical way. Does anybody know such a way?

Thanks, Bob

  • -
Bob Engelhardt