Advice needed on dampening rubber to use:

I am recreating a EM solenoid, which when the coil is pulsed, the plunger inside pulls in and does a dead stop on a piece of rubber. I am limited to the duration the coil is pulsed, and I cannot "hold" the plunger in place once is pulled in. I have to rely on the piece of rubber to dead stop the plunger as much as possible. Obviously I do not want the rubber to wear out prematurely either.

What kind of rubber material/durometer would work best ?

Thanks in advance to any reply.

Marcel

Reply to
dragonbreed

"Sorbothane". It's designed to not merely cushion, but damp blows.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Air! Hardly ever hardens.