Agumented reality welding mask

Thanks for posting that.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Now, that's pretty cool. I use Wide Dynamic Range CCTV cameras sometimes in my day job for surveillance applications, so there are some other non play uses, but I would really love to be able to SEE my weld while I am working. Usually if I am doing something I am not really comfortable with I have to take it outside and arrange my work so the sun is shining directly on it. That helps, but you really can't see the weld. Just the work piece.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thank you! That was VERY interesting!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

k-1344 Thank you! That was VERY interesting! Gunner The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form ofl aw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

they need to get a real welder. those guys can't tig weld worth a f*ck!

i can understand this being useful for documentation,i.e., video, and instr uction, but shit i have more puddle definition with my conventional helmet.

Reply to
jdc

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... >

> -- > Boris Now, that's pretty cool. I use Wide Dynamic Range CCTV cameras sometimes in my day job for surveillanc e applications, so there are some other non play uses, but I would really l ove to be able to SEE my weld while I am working. Usually if I am doing som ething I am not really comfortable with I have to take it outside and arran ge my work so the sun is shining directly on it. That helps, but you really can't see the weld. Just the work piece.

hi bob,

interesting comment.

so what type of welding are you doing? doesn't sound like tig if you're ou tside.

btw, welding is all about puddle manipulation. but if you can't see the pud dle, sounds like trouble to me.

you most likely already know this, but the big plus with tig is that you ha ve good puddle visibility except for those moments when sometimes you're wa y out of position and go by feel and experience.

gl

Reply to
jdc

hi bob,

interesting comment.

so what type of welding are you doing? doesn't sound like tig if you're outside.

btw, welding is all about puddle manipulation. but if you can't see the puddle, sounds like trouble to me.

you most likely already know this, but the big plus with tig is that you have good puddle visibility except for those moments when sometimes you're way out of position and go by feel and experience.

gl

----------------------------- Suffering from Old Deflicted Eyes, I have a couple of 500W halogen floodlights set up on a stand so I can point 'em where I'm working - don't need one of those automatic masks, and helps pre-heat aluminium...

Puddle control? I just send the dog out...

Bob, have you tried a peak white inverter on the cameras (assuming they're analogue, you may have joined the 21st century though), should help make the puddle more visible if the monitor doesn't have to cramp its dynamic range?

Dave H. (the other one)

Reply to
news.virginmedia.com

Outstanding! What a boon to the welding industry, at the very least.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

MIG aluminum mostly these days. I have to go so fast that I can't look at anything.

I learned that using a puny little china store wire feed for steel. Flow it into one side.... then flow it into the other side... kinda like using a clothes hanger and a torch to patch a muffler.

I've never TIGed in my life. What I really want is a pulse MIG so I can get a little more control with thin aluminum sheet, but I'll probably never have the money to buy one the way certain politicians are these days.

I still have plenty of analogue in the field, although for surveillance often a single 3GP digital will replace 4 or 5 analogue cameras.

Reply to
Bob La Londe