Aiborne Express sucks

hey Tom, if you notice a new Millermatic 175 mig welder in his garage, dont ask any questions! lol walt

Reply to
wallsterr

I did. My spell checker passed Douche

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

Remember here, my neighbor is a driver for a package deliver service, it should be obvious that he likely wouldn't have a clue what to do with a Miller welder if he had one. All his "leftover" packages end up in my garage...........

Tom

wallsterr wrote:

Reply to
Tom

At least you didn't say 'whom.'

Jim (who thought the derogatory term douchbag was a purely local phenomenon)

jim rozen

DNC Headquarters in your neighborhood?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

No, this was the middle school zinger that was most often used. I haven't seen it much since then.

Jim

jim rozen

yes, what is the shipping number so they can track it down??? do you have that??? with this i can go on the net and find out where my packages are located at anytime....

Reply to
jim

Jim, I have been using there tracking page and it still shows that it is in Wilmington Ohio, in fact it has shown that location since 2/4/04. The phone reps have assured me it is not there and that it is en route, they will not know where it is until the truck stops somewhere and they scan the package, then they can tell me where that location is... but it's not lost, it's en route... somewhere. Thanks for your advice. Walt

Reply to
wallster

Oh..well...you did say Douche bag and local..

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

Airborn Express is now part of DHL. If that is good or bad, I don't know. Most Airborn Express locations are franchised operations, so there is NO consistancy to their operation.

We ship circuit boards 20 miles to a customer, using Airborn, at their request and always have a different driver. Several shipments have gone to the Seattle distribution center rather than just going the 20 miles by truck.

By the way, I bought my old EMCO lathe/mill from the engineer who designed and built the automated package sorting system for Airborn. His son used the EMCO to make all the wheels and pullies, etc. for the equipment.

Paul in Redmond, Oregon

Reply to
Paul

Chuckle. The last time I heard my ex-husband refer to a woman as a douche bag he subsequently wound up living with her for 15 years (after I left). Sue

Reply to
Sue

Ouch! Sounds like you were well rid of him.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

It's obvious ... shoulda bought Lincoln ...

Reply to
GrandPa Munster