OT-Political crap!

I love to see the bantering of the committed! (or committable) from both sides. And the statistics! Remember that 63% of all statistics are made-up on the spot! Anybody can quote or misquote anybody to bolster their argument. There are only a few real truths left:

  1. Anything that you subsidize - you get more of.
  2. People vote for whoever they perceive will benefit them the most, tempered by a few factors.

I say we need a philosopher-king or an AI to run things.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Back to the dictator, eh?

There's an appropriate Lazarus Long quote about this in Heinlien's "Methusela's Children", something about dictatorship being the perfect government -- but who chooses the dictator?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Usually I'm not all that happy to see November roll around, but I sure will be glad to see the US election over and done with. And spare us another Florida debacle...

Reply to
John Ings

Make that last "tempered by a few facts." A very few facts.

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

It would be ok as long as people are permitted to vote 'none of the above'

Reply to
Nick Hull

Why, me of course. Guess who the one and only candidate on my ballot is.....

Reply to