alignment pin source?

Hello,

I am making some glass presses for my sister out of brass. There are quite a few to be made and she wants alignment pins on them. If anyone knows of a cheap source for these I would be very gratefull. I;m looking for a pin diameter of 1/4", overall length of 2.5" with a taper length of about 1/2". None of these dimensions are terribly critical. If it matters I'm located in Edmonton, ALberta, Canada.

I know I can make these but if they are available for a reasonable price I'd rather buy them and spend the time on the press.

Thanks for the help, Al

Reply to
xkbal

McMaster-Carr. They have a web site. Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

McMaster-Carr. They have a web site. Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

I've tried McMaster, Travers, and KBC. Maybe I'm looking under the wrong name but I caqn't find any that are as long as I need in 1/4" diameter. The longest I've found is about 7/16" above the work surface once they are installed. I need at least 1". I'm trying out some other ideas right now and will see if I can find something that will work and not be too time consuming to make.

Thanks Al

Reply to
xkbal

Try "dowels" and "locating pins".

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Al

How many do you need? Sounds like an easy job with a lathe or using a drill press. Cut the taper with a file.

Reply to
Bob AZ

A possible source!

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

If I only needed a few that's what I'd do but right now it looks like I need at least 200 with the possibility of more in the fairly near future.

Al

Reply to
xkbal