American wages

Right, and I'm the tooth fairy.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

If you keep saying that over and over I know it'll make you feel good. It's not true but keep saying it enough and you'll convince yourself it is. Business isn't rocket science, after all you're doing it. Understanding how it works is easy enough for most people. Plenty of idiots can run a successful business. I see them all the time. It's more a matter of being in the right place at the right time than anything else. If you think not, try making money in the financial business right now and see how that goes.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Conservatives just can't stand it when you tell them that the prosperity capitalism is supposed to deliver to Americans just isn't happening. Thirty years pass and workers are getting less pay than before. The plan was that people who work hard for a living and play by the rules are supposed to get ahead. The middle class is declining not getting ahead. The promised prosperity is not happening. That is an unvarnished fact. Conservatives just hate hearing that all the malarky they spread about hard work and success just isn't true. At least not in America, not any more. The people of this country are getting poorer every year even though they are working more hours than ever. That is the free market not delivering a higher standard to working Americans. Looks to me like Americans got conned.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

My question is -- when C.E.O.s have finally succeeded in laying off the entire North American economy, forcing everyone to become a McJob holding Wal-Mart wage slave, who the hell will be able to afford your products? Are former Ford employees going to buy Fords? Are Hewlett- Packard employees who have been screwed around by HP going to buy HP products? Are people with no jobs, or poverty-level waged jobs, going to be able to afford anything?

Millwright Ron

Millwright Ron

I own my own business..and work my ass off.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner