Anyone from Chico-Sacramento going to Visalia?

I need to get an item to Gunner at the Visalia show. Is anyone from the general region of Chico-Grass Valley-Sacramento going to the show? What I have is a turret tailstock for a Clausing engine lathe. Weight is approx 100 lbs and it takes approx 12" x 12" x 30" of space. Please contact me if you are going there and would be willing to haul this and see that Gunner gets it.

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Your..your..your not going? Damn Jon..I figured this was one you wouldnt miss for the world.

Gunner

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Reply to
Gunner

Hmm, wonder if the turret will fit my Sharp 14"? Maybe Jon could leave it with me until I get down that way......

Gunner, Buckshot is hitting the scales at #20 already. Ought to, you should see him eat! He is a great help "fox" hunting, BTW.

michael

Reply to
michael

I work in Lodi - I could meet you somewhere in Sacramento area one night after work this week if you don't get any better offers......

Let me know

Mike

J> I need to get an item to Gunner at the Visalia show. Is anyone from the

Reply to
Mike Gann

I wish, but maybe next year. Too much work right now and I need it to offset a recent slump. If this show repeats and I can plan for it, I'll probably go next year. Unless someone sets up a show in the SF bay area. I figure I'd need two days for the show, and at least a day to what you got for sale/swap...

BTW, to make it easier for someone to hook up with you, are you going to have a static booth or setup selling stuff? If not, will you have your cell phone with you?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

ROFLMAO... Way cool. Just goes to prove that there some things out there with magnetic properties besides metal. .

The rest of the litter had good appetites, and he was pretty burly even that small, so he should turn out to be a right nice and good looking critter.

Im tickled he got a good home with you.

Gunner

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Reply to
Gunner

Ive not decided if Im going to bring anything up to sell, as it would require me to be there both days, probably, and Im not sure I can be there both days or not yet. Ill toss a sleeping bag in the back of the truck and some munchies, just in case. Wont be the first time Ive slept in the truck, and getting a motel room is out of the que$tion. Maybe Ill bring up some small stuff and have someone sell it for me, for the consignment fee +. Shrug.

Sorry to hear you are not coming, but its good to see you have some work coming in. Mine has been pretty damned slow lately, even though the customers are all claiming its picking up. Most of them are so far in the hole, increased business is going to go not to repairs/refurbs, but to getting them out of the hole, before they start spending money on anything else. Plus a lot of folks are paying 30-60 days..so they say money is very slow coming in. I work COD or net 10 for most folks..so they cant pay me yet. Sigh. Got lots of business promised for next month or early next year (sigh), but its pretty hard on us little independants at the moment. Like its not been hard the last 2 1/2 yrs..geeze.

Gunner

805-732-5308 cell, anytime, free incoming.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Reply to
Gunner

I keep getting asked if there be any more like him. I may have to keep the bugger under lock and key. Soon be too big to pick up and hold so I won't have to pry him out of others arms. No shit!

michael

I've been forgetting to prod my friend about the fonts, will put a note ON the phone.

Reply to
michael