AO Torch Valve Stem

One of my projects fell over and smacked my torch. It bent the stem on my oxy valve. Does anyone know where I can buy one on the web? Is there a good source for grommets too? Thanks - Greg

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

ConcreteArtist fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

"Grommets"? Do you mean the valve packing ring?

It might be beneficial to know the make and model of the handset.

If it's a well-supported national brand, and not a Chinalloy knockoff, then any welding gas supply outfit should have or be able to get service parts.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

snipped-for-privacy@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

I have a Victor 315 and I was refering to the rubber grommets between the mixer and the handle - Thanks

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

ConcreteArtist fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

O-rings, and anybody in the business should carry the parts. It might even be possible to carefully straighten the O2 valve.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

snipped-for-privacy@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

Thanks LLoyd. I was hoping to get them over the internet as it's much more convenient for me. I searched some of the on line welding supply site and could find O-rings but not replacement valves. I will try the welding shop on my next trip. unfortunately I work hours that start before the shops open and get home after they close.

Greg

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

ConcreteArtist fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

A lot of the bricks-n-mortar gas businesses have web presences, also.

like:

Or Air Liquide's sites.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

snipped-for-privacy@q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Great - That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again LLoyd Greg

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

"ConcreteArtist" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@t12g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

You also might give the local supplier a call and see if they run a truck route. We have a supply truck that comes by once a week, and a field rep that stops in a couple of times a month. If I need something that's not normally on the truck, I can call a day before the truck comes on his regular route and get it put on the truck.

Reply to
BillM

innews: snipped-for-privacy@k10g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

Minneapolis Oxygen doesn't operate a web retail business per se, but if you called them I'll bet they'd take care of your needs. The counter guys are knowledgable and helpful.

Call the Minneapolis store, that's the HQ. They're open on Saturday mornings too.

Reply to
Don Foreman