Atlas-Clausing Mill Parts Needed

Hey All,
I have a perfect head and drive unit for a Atlas-Clausing 8530 Mill, but have no column or base. Looking for the bottom half of this
machine. Had idea to convert to a heavy duty drill press type of machine. I could possibly build a column but dont know how to make an adjustable knee or table. I could use a x-y type drill press table accessory maybe. Anyone with parts pieces for this please contact.
Mark
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
There is a Clausing lathe & mill group on Yahoo. If anyone knows where to get parts, it's there. I seem to recall someone had everything but a head a while back, but I think they scored one from someone in the group. Alternatively, if you decide to sell, there will be people there who would be delighted to get a replacement in good shape (possibly including me).
clausing_lathe_and_mill.yahoogroups.com
Doug White
mohead wrote:

Mark Lots of people use those vertical milling heads to convert a horizontal machine. Lots of small Burke millers out there going for a song. Small table, knee. Get one and adapt your head to it. I'd offer mine, but it's missing some table feed parts.
Or if you want to sell what you have, email me and let's talk.
Rex B Texas
mohead writes:

I've got an 8540 horizontal version that might be worth converting.

I've got part of an extra 8550 that has been gradually getting parted out - Chicago burbs in case anyone is interested.
Mike

Try Plaza Machinery if you are anywhere near NE US. You might also try posting a WTB in one of the FS sections on:
www.practicalmachinist.com
FWIW, your head and drive should also fit the 8520, 8525, and 8535 mills.
Mike

Why don't you mention where you are?