Auto compressor tank drain

Example:

Pretty much all made in china.

Anything to be aware of, avoid, etc?

thanks

Reply to
Gary

Not to be aware of, in particular. We had an Atlas Copco compressor that had an automatic tank drain and quickly discovered you needed to collect the oily water in a container, but if there was anything in the container when the vent happened, all the oily water blew all over!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

at my warehouse, I finally have a drain on my compressor that does not do the above and does not waste air. It is a float type of drain and only drains water. I collect it in a gallon container and dump it when the container is full. Not sure by now, it may be along the lines of mcmaster item 41645K48

All it does is quietly drains water as it is generated. It does not blast air around etc

Reply to
Ignoramus22750

Is this drain unit mounted at the bottom of your compressor, or at the end of a drain line?

thanks

Reply to
Gary

On the bottom, then a drain line going into a container.

Reply to
Ignoramus9945