Automatic horizontal mitering bandsaws

We are looking to replace our aging Cosen bandsaw and are looking for suggestions. Right now we have the predecessor to the Cosen C330. Externally they look the same but my understanding is that they have upgraded the guts somewhat. I hope so, as over the last 8 years we have had repeated problems with the feed hydraulics and controls. Anyway, we need to handle the occasional 10" round, often do up to 16" wide bundles of small stuff, miter up to 45 degrees, and don't seem to autofeed anything longer than 3-4 feet. Flood cooling is apparently necessary for solid stock over 3" thick (roughly), but the new mist systems look very nice for thinner stuff so ideally we would get both. We should be able to adapt our existing 20' roller table. DoAll has very nice saws but don't seem to have an automatic saw that miters (they claim there isn't any demand for this but we miter cut all the time, hmmm). We are leaning towards HEMsaws right now, so anyone with experience with their Sidewinder (basically equivalent to our 3 hp saw) or Cyclone (one step up in power/size to 7.5 hp and 14" round), please speak up :-). Any others we should be looking at, or any other advice? [I will have read but not posting access after Saturday so I promise to read all replies here but won't be able to write back until next year so thanks very much in advance.]

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net (remove nospm or make the obvious changes before replying)

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Amada. I dont own one, but every time I have talked to anyone who did, they had nothing bad to say.

Ries

Amada is Good Stuff

Gunner

Gunner