Babin - confirmed

May have already been reported, but Babin is using surplus_machinery and landry433 as ebay id's.

This is confirmed.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

By whom? Not exactly doubting, but might lend credence if you explained how it was confirmed.

I just bought a Hardinge 3j chuck from the surplus_machinery ID. While communication wasn't impressive, the items arrived in a timely fashion, were in about the condition I expected for the price, and well packaged.

If it really is Babin, he's certainly cleaned up his act. So far anyway...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

This is good news to again be recognized for my good work and honest dealings. A few years ago I was attacked by a gang of angry machinists while walking to my shop and it took awhile to fully recover. The come from from hiding like assassins but luckily I fought them off. I know carrying two IMI Desert Eagles so I'm not scared so bring it on. My sons are helping around the shop and things are going on smooth as a fresh coat of grey enaminal on rebuild lathe bed. The kids are learning art of scrapping which I learne in the old country before coming here and settling in Bristol with my young wife. I appreciate you trumpet my business and look forwarned to more making happy customers. If you are in Bristol-area free to stop by and take my lessons on machining tool rebuilter. Listen to me and learn. Thanks on you again, Al Babin & Sons LLC ISO complaint job shop, specializing in rebuilting and repairs of precision machine tools. Custom plastic dip-sharpening of tool bits and pool cues and covers.

Reply to
Honest A Babin

A very good friend of mine. I purchased the item via PayPal on his behalf. He is in the middle of trying to achieve satisfaction and in the long process of chasing people down eventually got on the phone with Mr. Babin personally. There is ZERO doubt the source is Babin.

My take on Babin, after having been one of the early hits, is that he does not have malice, but is in way over his head, and has an odd skew towards ethics. It takes a LOT of work to make a deal right if it's wrong.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

~~~~~~~~ How do you spell "Freudian slip"?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Thanks for the update. I'd bid on the chuck and later that day, first read about him being Babin. Too late to do anything other than worry.... I did hold off bidding on a couple other items, waiting to see if the chuck showed. I would consider buying again, but probably not any high dollar items. Prefer solid, stable, consistent sellers.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Well, surplus_machinery has a 99.3% positive feedback, with 1565 transactions. That passes my 1st criterion. Looking at the negative feedback:

For quite a few of them, surplus_machinery's response was "buyer did not even ask for refund", which, if true, makes you wonder about the

*buyer*. There does seem to be some legitimate complaints, but I don't think that it's the old Babin that so many came to know and hate.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

ISO complaint job shop ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a nice slip too. I can't help but think that post might have been made by a joker. :-)

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Yeah, I've been wondering about this Sir Al Babin posting here. Either it's the real Babin, or someone with a good sense of humor... (and I suspect the latter)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Jon Anderson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I don't know about that. Check out this item's description.

Reply to
D Murphy

Maybe it is him. That's a pretty unfortunate slip up there, too.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Al came through with three boards, two DOA, looks like one will be servicable. This is consistent with my dealings & opinion of him. I personally never did get the operating lever for my turret. Meh.

John Hofstad-Parkhill said the following on 8/31/2005 12:13 PM:

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

servicable. This is consistent with my dealings & opinion of him. I personally never did get the operating lever for my turret. Meh.<

Thanks you for the kind words. One of my kids has the turrets so we send what we can. He also makes the MEh sound sometimes and doctor says ti is from the ticks. I post on three boards too but best people are here. Rec Guns just saved my live and I for shooting old country damascus barrel shotguns. I could have lost an arm or eye the way I was going but for the grace of the Lord and the honest life helping the people I'm still here to supporting my family with ebayers like you. Sphero Fheeny was playing when he told me the old twist barrels could take a 3" nitro loads I'm thinking. Can I use 12 ga slug in turkey choker? Thanks to again, A Babin & Sons LLC Certifiable ISO 9000 complaint job shop. rebuilting and repairing of precisuon machine tools, custom pool cues and covers

Reply to
Honest A Babin