Best Design Software for Windows and Door Frames?

What is the best Design Software for Windows and Door Frames. And combinations of Windows and Door Elements.

3D Solid Modeler or a 2D Drafting Program?

Assuming Money is not a subject.

Can you make a recommendation for any peticular Package?

Reply to
Torsten

Huh?

If you go to a big-name window distributor they have some special-purpose applications that pick out the components which meet your measurements and even tell them if the parts are in stock (and if so, what cuts need to be done if any) or they have to order from the factory.

But this is almost certainly not what you're looking for. Most architectural drawings just show the size of the hole, and specify the window that is going to fit in that hole in accompanying text. I think you're looking for something that shows every little detail of the window, and such software may exist but I've never seen it.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

I think this is what you're looking for:

FloorPlan 3D Design Suite 10

- Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver
3d Solid modeller: Autodesk Inventor 8 Definetly.

I have a website containing examples of what can be done; the server is down right now but i'll post the site when it's back up.

Reply to
woodworker88

Check out

go to main site at
and scroll down to the button labeled "Inventor"

Reply to
woodworker88