Big Wire Brush - What is it for?

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii619/Modelbauer1963/104_1717.jpg
I picked this up since it was marked way down and I thought it might help me shine up brass threaded stud, which I need to do quite a bit. I'm just curious what the heck it might be intended for!

On 3/16/2015 4:18 AM, robobass wrote:

Nothing special, just a big wire brush. I've seen 48" dia. Brushes like these are used on brass parts and steel parts that can't be scratched. Check wire with magnet to be sure it isn't brass plated steel.
What diameter and width is it? What did you pay?

25cm x 3.5cm. Definitely brass. ~$60. Overkill for my needs, but I was in a jam and it was the best I could find on short notice. It's cool though, right?
On 3/16/2015 4:58 AM, robobass wrote:

The brush is about $120.00 dealer price, much more retail. Good buy!

The tool shop must have ordered it for someone who never picked it up. It was certainly nothing they would normally stock.
On 3/17/2015 3:45 AM, robobass wrote:

Nobody would stock it and manufacturers would consider it a special.
Tom Gardner wrote:

How would you know, you aren't in that business! ;-)
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.