Bought a drill press today

Well I bought a Delta DP300 today. my wife works at ACE Hardware and they
have an ACE drill press on sale and their brown bag sale is coming up in a
few weeks. I was looking at that one being a 10" 1/4 motor but they pointed
out that they had a Delta 12' 1/3hp in the ware house for 179.99, so I did
some looking and saw that the tool crib has it for the same price but the
S/H was 60 dollars. I will pass at that. I had some points build up with
ACE that came to 50.00 so the DP only cost me 140.00 out the door.
Sorry I do not have the room for floor models.
Now I have to build a DP stand for it. Maybe I will put the DP and bench
grinder/ wire wheel on the same stand..
Don D.
Reply to
Don D.
You have room for a DP stand but not a floor model? GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
The stand will be staying outside along the side of the garage were I do most of the work, and the drill will have to come in at night so it does not end up missing at night.
Reply to
Don D.
Congrats. Drill press is a tool with possibly the biggest bang for the buck, perhaps after carpenters' knives. A huge return on investment. I must say though, that $179 for a 1/3 hp bench model seems a little steep. I bought a 3/4 HP floor model for $146 at Menards.
Ignoramus16094