Bought too much InsWool - HTZ Blanket

Hope I'm not OT here but I finished my furnace and have several feet out of a roll of Inswool - HTZ left. Stuff wasn't cheap so I was thinking of making some 1' x 2' x 1" thick sections and pawning the rest on eBay for $12 a pop. It's actually pretty cool for furnace lining. If interested let me know and I'll actually get off my butt, take a picture and post the stuff. Otherwise it'll be aging in my basement.

Here's the spec sheet:

Thanks,

- Ben

Reply to
Ben

Where are you located?

Reply to
Don Foreman

KC, KS area.

Reply to
Ben

Yours is 2600F, and perhaps the extra 300F costs a lot extra.

The link below was mentioned in alt.crafts.balacksmithing a few days back; this stuff is only 2300F (1' x 2' x 1" thick for $4.05, if you'd rather not bother with the link - $91.25 for 2' x 25' x 1" thick).

Ecnerwal

I think it's the extra temp ratiing. What I have sells for ~$5.70 a square foot, well based on what I found. If you find the same stuff cheaper without requiring to buy a whole roll let me know please.

- Ben

Reply to
Ben