Brownell's gunsmithing Multi-Vice

The new domestically produced and expensive Brownell's Multi-Vice:

?

looks allot like a Parrot Vice which seems to be a cheap import widely available:

?v=glance&s=hi&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

which looks allot like my old Versa-Vice made in Orrville Ohio:

The odd thing is a friend just last week loaded it into my car and saying that I got it at a garage sale and left behind at his house. I have have no recollection of ever seeing it before. I was about to throw it out, when the Brownell's flyer came today in the mail with a picture of the $220 Multi-Vice. Now I think I will keep my old treasure. The swivel locks when the jaws are tightened. Sometimes old designs are worth copying. Sometimes old tools are worth keeping.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

The new domestically produced and expensive Brownell's Multi-Vice:

?

looks allot like a Parrot Vice which seems to be a cheap import widely available:

?v=glance&s=hi&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

which looks allot like my old Versa-Vice made in Orrville Ohio:

The odd thing is a friend just last week loaded it into my car and saying that I got it at a garage sale and left behind at his house. I have have no recollection of ever seeing it before. I was about to throw it out, when the Brownell's flyer came today in the mail with a picture of the $220 Multi-Vice. Now I think I will keep my old treasure. The swivel locks when the jaws are tightened. Sometimes old designs are worth copying. Sometimes old tools are worth keeping.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Hmm. How does one "harden" a bronze nut?

Sounds like a liberal application of snake oil, no matter where it's produced.

Jim

jim rozen

Reply to
James P Crombie

Yep, that's what Brownells always sold. I use mine daily after 20 years still going strong. I would bet they make this for Brownells. Brownells doesn't make it :o). Greg sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven