Buffako Forge Drill Press

This past summer I acquired a Buffalo Forge drill press. Unfortunately it has two things wrong with it. First it came with a 1HP 220V 3PH

880RPM motor and second it has several teeth that are half gone, by that I mean only half a tooth is still there, none of them are next to each other. So it can be run as is. I've tried to identify what model drill press this could be. A Google search has turned up model numbers 22 and
  1. These model numbers seem to be based on the distance from the center of the spindle to the support column. If that is true than the one I have is a model 21 since the distance from spindle center to column is
10.5". Close inspection has revealed no trace of a model number anywhere on the drill press. Anybody have any further knowledge of these drill press's than I can find.

Right now I'm in the process of remotoring it with a variable speed DC drive motor of 1HP and then replacing the broken teeth with false teeth.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie

Your drill press predates the Model 20 & 22 when the drills were named as 21 Inch etc. I'll have some data I could scan but I won't be home until Tuesday. Mail me if interested.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Have you found/explored this website/page?

Especially, take a look at the Photo Index.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Thanks Tom.

Reply to
Bernie

Yes I have Leaon. I did discover that it's a model 21 though. Was embossed right on the side of the miter gear cover. Just forgot it was there.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie