Calcium Chloride for dehumidifing

Same stuff as for melting ice?
Any major reason to use prilled CC vs the Ice Melter stuff?
thanks
gary

Calcium is the most important fertilizer for apple trees. You can buy it for big $ at the Grower supply or for peanuts at Wally world and Sam's club. I've used both prilled and Dow flake. Seem equal to me. AND both certainly would make fine desiccants.
Karl

It's used in the oilfield, as well. Hunt up an oilfield mud supplier and I bet you can get some cheap
Hey ! I'll play ! Why not sodium chloride ? It is abundant and we all know how it attracts humidity.
Bob Swinney