Can one breathe industrial oxygen

From my experience with the US legal system, working a lot with trial lawyers and being on a jury or two, I'd say they come up with the correct verdict about 25% of the time at best.

Reply to
Pete C.

Yes, I agree. It is not as bad as some think, but real.

Also true.

Reply to
Ignoramus8927

If any water has condensed in the tank the contents will be at 100% humidity for the ambient temperature, the same weight of water vapor per volume as in saturated air outside the tank.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

What good is "eternal bliss," when you're dead and can't feel it?

I wouldn't want to go to some imaginary white-on-white-on-white fantasyland that's populated by self-righteous, excruciatingly boring prigs. I want to go to where all the interesting, colorful, and downright FUN people are going! >:->

Of course, I'll be dead, so it won't make much difference anyway. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you've got two kids and one piece of cake, have one kid divide the cake in half, and the other one pick which half he/she wants.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's why we so desperately need Tort Reform. Of course, the liberals aren't having any truck with such a conservative idea.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Years ago at another place, I had a few coworkers that would take big hits of the O2 bottle in the welding area. They said it helped with their hangovers.

Wes

Wes

That's my read on it as well.

Reply to
clare

Wes (and Steve) this is an awesome idea. I will try it next time I have a hangover.

Ignoramus8927

Tom Lehrer once quipped, "Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I remember once when my wife was in an emergency room holding room noticing bottles marked:

"Distilled water -- Federal law prohibits dispensing without prescription."

And what is medical about distilled water which should require the control of a prescription? :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I watch some sitcoms, primarily because there's not much else to do on a budget of zero dollars, and, like you said, to feel superior to the psychos on the shows; but I find myself talking back at them - usually something like "Well, why don't they just ," and always realize, Heck, if they did the common-sense thing, they wouldn't have a half-hour show to air! ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Another thing the drug warriors hate about marijuana is that it can, in fact, cure a hangover. I know this from personal experience. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Anyone heard the UL about the guy with the full scuba tank held valve down in some kind of chain vise, and he somehow took the valve out, and the tank turned into a rocket, went through the basement ceiling, the upstairs ceiling, the roof, jetted around in an arc, and embedded itself in the roof of some car?

I _do_ know that 2250 PSI (150 atmospheres) is a very formidable force.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Didn't you ever see "Jaws"? The shark finds out how much energy is stored in a scuba tank.

Reply to
rangerssuck

"Ignoramus8927" wrote

Do not breathe it straight, but allow some air in with it, and don't breathe it for long. Oxygen poisoning can cause convulsions.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

A girlfriend's father was a physics professor who liked to play with such toys on his large rural farm. I've wondered if he was the cause of some UFO sightings.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

No, but I read the OSHA report (and saw the pics) from a guy at a medical O2 place who put a small O2 cylinder that had a stuck valve in such a vise and proceeded to try to remove the entire valve with the O2 still in the cylinder. Instead of creating a slow leak to drain the tank as he probably intended, he managed to get an O2/aluminum dust fire going and blow the cylinder up, embedding most of the cylinder in one wall and depositing the guy's arm some distance from the rest of him. This is why the medical vs. welding grade O2 thing is a myth, you simply do not risk putting the best oxidizer there is in pure form and under high pressure on top of some unknown gas remaining in the cylinder.

Reply to
Pete C.

O2 is something of a universal first aid. For short term use there are no contraindications for it, it often does really help many conditions, and even in the ones it doesn't technically help it has the placebo effect of something being done to help.

Reply to
Pete C.

CNS O2 toxicity isn't a threat at atmospheric pressure (it is at depth when diving). Pulmonary O2 toxicity isn't a threat in short term use either.

Reply to
Pete C.