Can one breathe industrial oxygen

They have medicine for that, these days. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

One Atta Boy! comin' atcha, Karl!

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Goodonya, mate. Now if we can wean you from your libby left newspaper, we might open your eyes a bit more about the damage The Chosen One has done (and is doing) to the country and the world.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't recall whether they did both steel and aluminum. At any rate, steel 2015 PSI cylinders aren't that thick and most any jacketed rifle bullet will punch a very clean hole through them. A clean hole equals a nice jet nozzle launching the cylinder around.

Reply to
Pete C.

The effects are the same as breathing medical O2.

Reply to
Pete C.

In the Mythbusters test their cylinder went cleanly through their test cinderblock wall, and would have gone through the next one if there was a little more distance for it to accelerate again after going through the first wall.

Reply to
Pete C.

It depends on your paranoia I guess. I think the odds of getting acetylene (or other contamination) into the O2 cylinder are similar to the odds of being hit by a meteor, non zero, but absurdly low. I know of exactly one confirmed report of a person being struck by a meteor, I believe there is also one confirmed report of a cow being killed by one.

Reply to
Pete C.

Oddly enough, I've noted a number of reports of effective defensive gun use in the MSM media (CNN and local stations mostly) over the past year or so.

Reply to
Pete C.

I generally don't watch any TV during the warmer months. During the winter when it's too friggin' cold to work on projects I'll watch a limited amount of TV.

Reply to
Pete C.

The only newspaper that I read is Wall Street Journal.

Ignoramus2894

Then where do you get all your Chosen One info? (What newspapers does your wife read?)

Why is he such a hero for you? I only wish he were anything close to that. I had hopes when he was elected but soon lost all of those.

-- A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. -- William S. Burroughs

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
David Lesher

I personally think for myself.

I get facts from media.

I do not get opinions from media, like Fox News viewers.

He is a great president, promoting well being of the United States in very difficult circumstances. Economic recovery is solidly under way and we have reached the pre-depression level of GDP. He is also very honest, unlike his predecessor. Avoids doing anything disruptively radical.

Ignoramus2894

Yeah. The local welding store tells a story of a guy that tried to transfer O2 from one cylinder to another with used hydraulic hose.

All that was left of his head was a pink mist on the wall.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

A wild-ass guess would be that it was packaged to dilute I.V. solutions.

Another wild-ass guess would be so they could bill Medicare $600 for it.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Unfortunately they still quite small number when compared to their usual 'Guns are evil' stories. :(

Just like one of the local weathermen who has to rant about 'Global Warming' every time we break another low temperature record.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And one hospital in NY state got a big problem of not having MSD's on a bottle of deionized water.

John

Reply to
John

You don't really need tort reform you just need intelligent jurys.

John

Reply to
John

I have this wonderful swampland which would be the perfect location for your new home...