Cast iron corn sheller

wrote:

A bit late for that. Got it put together yesterday and ordered a replacement wood handle on Ebay. Had searched last year for a wood handle with 5/16" bore with no luck. Considered ordering the little clamp 'doo jobbers' that allow you to quickly mount and dis-mount the sheller when using it. (Very common for these to be missing!) Only ones in my price range were aluminum. The cast iron 'new from original molds' were about what I paid for the whole sheller.
--
William

Say what? The guy who invented it used to eat a big spoonful every day, fanatic about it he was. What might make Vaseline(tm) not food-safe?
--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

writes:

The production machinery?
writes:

It's not "food safe" if the production and packaging aren't sanitary.
On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 1:18:43 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Not toxic, and small quantities ingested probably won't cause any problems. Eat a big spoonful, and you're likely to have loose stools or diarrhea; stomach cramps; and/or vomiting.
As Jim says, not "food safe."
--
Ed Huntress