casting equipment

I'm wanting to do some small castings around the house, does anyone know of a supplier that sells at home foundry type equipment? Thanks T

Reply to
TomNBanderaTx

I have a list of suppliers on my website most of them are local but a lot of them have supply houses nation wide. The majority of items you need can be homebrewed in short order out of cheap materials. The biggest item your gonna have to spend time on is if you make a decent furnace........but its still cheap to make.......

I assume your located in Texas...............and if you are, you should not have any problems locating foundry items in that state. Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Porter Warner in Houston sells foundry supplies. I've bought crucibles from them. Very nice to deal with for small orders. If you build your own furnace, Harbison Walker in Houston carries the A.P. Green line of refractory, also easy to deal with for a couple of bags. You can dig molding sand out in Bastrop if you want to use green sand. Don't know what's in San Antonio since I've never looked. Austin has absolutely no resources for hobby casting.

If you ever get up to Austin, let me know and I'll show you my setup.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

Sure! Budget Casting Supply

They're in San Mateo, CA

Terrific people. It's an easy drive, too. :)

Where abouts did you say you were....?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Depends on how small you want to do... a poster here, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com has a complete foundry/ casting setup for sale.

Furnace, crucibles, tongs, lifters the whole encillada. Very nice, only a few years old, very low time.

Good stuff and lots of it.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. Gary, next time I'm over that way I'll shoot you an email, thanks. Tom

Reply to
TomNBanderaTx