CAT40 Drawing?

Anyone have an accurate drawing of a CAT40 taper in ACAD DWG, DXF, etc?

Additionally, any CATxx taper would be nice to have a drawing of on file here...

I did a quick Google search but came up with junk... Figured someone might just have it saved somewhere...

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

You're kidding, right? Why not just draw it up from specs in the machinists handbook?

Reply to
Steve Mackay

I don't have the book here... And would love the drawing to send off to someone today.

Tomorrow, that is a good answer.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe, Try this:

Garlicdude

Excellent. Thank you.

Follow-up question: Are ISO30, ISO35 and ISO40 the same as CAT30, CAT35(?), and CAT40 tapers on this page? I think BT is slightly different than CAT, right?

So much to learn, so little time.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

IIRC, yes, ISO/CAT are the same. I used to make multi-spindle drill heads for Wisconsin Drill head(Now Wisconsin Machine Tool Corp). I

*USED* to know the cat and BT taper specs by heart. But it's been 18+ years since I've done it.
Reply to
Steve Mackay

Thank you. Will play with that a bit later today and get my drawing done now... Maybe.

Another group I frequent calls their knowledge base the "Brain Trust" so thank you for participating with me in our little version of that today.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe, Thanks for a real honest to God On Topic post!

Reply to
Garlicdude

LOL. Funny thing is, out of the hundreds of newsgroups I've used over the years, only ONE has remained spam free for the most part... And it is not moderated...

I wonder if anyone has ever calculated the amount of $$$ lost in time alone based on spam, etc. ...Oh crap.... There goes the on-topic part of this thread. :)