Caution: Metal Content

Well, San Diego was awesome. Had a nice visit with friends, struck a few
golf balls for the first time since I broke my back, and got to ride in the
Ferrari. "the Ferrari" is a 1968 206 GT Ferrari Dino, # 12 of 150, street
value, about $175k full restore as new.
We drove it from its nesting place to the Museum of Automotive History in
Balboa Park, San Diego, Cal. It will be there until Jan. 5, or so. If
you're in the area, stop in. They will have about another dozen Ferraris
that were production models on display, some WELL over the million $ mark,
and some approaching $5m. I heard one was more than 10. They just moved
out the exhibition of the Ferrari race cars of history, some into the $20m
range.
In the pictures in my friend's garage, you can see the Maserati 3500 Vignale
that is under a frame up restoration, and a Lamborghini Miura that will
start when the Maserati is finished. He has a blue one that is stored at
another garage that he goes on tours with.
I love to see people enjoy their money.

I'm back now.
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
very cool. The Dino was always one of my favorites, gorgeous lines. Never got to ride in one though. I probably would not fit.
SteveB wrote:
Reply to
RB