Caution: Metal Content

Well, San Diego was awesome. Had a nice visit with friends, struck a few golf balls for the first time since I broke my back, and got to ride in the Ferrari. "the Ferrari" is a 1968 206 GT Ferrari Dino, # 12 of 150, street value, about $175k full restore as new.

We drove it from its nesting place to the Museum of Automotive History in Balboa Park, San Diego, Cal. It will be there until Jan. 5, or so. If you're in the area, stop in. They will have about another dozen Ferraris that were production models on display, some WELL over the million $ mark, and some approaching $5m. I heard one was more than 10. They just moved out the exhibition of the Ferrari race cars of history, some into the $20m range.

In the pictures in my friend's garage, you can see the Maserati 3500 Vignale that is under a frame up restoration, and a Lamborghini Miura that will start when the Maserati is finished. He has a blue one that is stored at another garage that he goes on tours with.

I love to see people enjoy their money.

I'm back now.

Steve

Reply to