centerless grinding

what does the term "centerless grinding" mean, please?

Reply to
Fast Freddy

It means that the object to be ground is not held between centers. It is held between a "regulating wheel" and the grinding wheel, and supported by a rest. The regulating wheel slowly turns the part against the grinding wheel.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It probally also helps to know that finding the precise center of an object (round) adequate to the precision of grinding is very difficult, and requires a whole 'nuther expensive machine.

Reply to
Scott Moore

This company grinds using high tech machines. I bought product from them and was very pleased. (Custom on some and good price.) They do Drill blanks for LL and are industry respected.

I haven't looked but I got some M2 and they have M42 drill blanks or rods of length. There are some pictures to look at as well.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn