'Engines Of Ingenuity' Radio Series Web Page

Hi all,

The other day Googling (looking up the history of Quonset Hut's of all things, so I guess I have metal content), I stumbled on this most interesting web site...

One for the bookmarks for sure...

It's for the University of Houston's college of engineering's PBS radio series 'The Engines Of Ingenuity', and includes the transcripts and streaming Real Audio files of every show they've done. LOT'S of interesting stuff here... I spent probably 3 hours browsing through it and will be back when I have more time. Click on 'Engine Transcripts' once you get to the page, and go from there.

Yes, they did do a show on the lowly Quonset hut, episode #1278... even it was interesting!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Cool!

As a U of H grad, BSME '83, I've requently seen references to this program in the Engineering College's Alumni magazine and immediately knew what the general content of the message was when I read the subject line. I left Houston several years before the program started and I have intended to look up the link to this program but just never got around to it. Thanks to your link; I just used up half an hour of my employer's time, added several additional bookmarks and did a quick bit of stumbling around on the various university related links.

Reply to
Aribert

I've listened to Dr. John Leinhart(sp?) lecture 4 different astronomy club meetings (at no charge). An hour and a half goes by like fifteen minutes while he speaks. He could make pigs rolling in mud interesting. And probably has...........

west

Reply to
west