Cheap trash pump ?

Sorry to be little off topic here but I am in need of a 2" - 3" trash pump off and on for a few month's. I can seem to find a decent used one ( real brand ) locally at this very moment and was thinking about buying one of these knock offs from

etc -

Anyone have any experience with these or even the engines powering them ? -thanks

Reply to
rkpatt758

Gee, this looks like a no brainer... 5 1/2 HP moter AND pump for $170 bucks !! WITH a 2 year no nonsense warranty. Some days I wished I lived below the

49th, to get deals like that!! Depending on what you need it for,even it it only lasted 2 years, it'd have cost you a simple $8 per month, 2 $ per week. If it's for a contract job, heck quote an extra 200 in the price, and the pump is free. I can't get JUST the engine alone for less than $300 Canuck bucks( 225US ?), and you get a pump and a cage !!!

Jay in wintry southern Ontario( 6" + of the white stuff)

Reply to
j.b. miller

That pump has the knock off B & S engine on it, made in China......It does not have a lot of output IMHO, but if its suitable for your use, go for it, your loss would not be all that great. I bought my trash pump from Jerry B Leech Co. A bit more $$ but not that much more and its got a B & S engine on it and parts are readily available. Pump is made by PACER who is a major manuf of pumps and has been around for many years. IIRC my shipping was free.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wife, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

I think the engine is copy of one of the major Japanese mfg engines .

Reply to
rkpatt758