Cheapest Can Trimmer

Just now I wanted to shorten a soup can to make a ~1.2" tall 'drip cup'.
I rotated the open end of the can 90 and used
a can opener to remove the top seam.
Successive passes shortened the can to the right height in about no time.
Filed the sharp edges and I have my part for No Money.
:)
--Winston

You don't eat tuna?
Jim Wilkins wrote:

*Too much* tuna, if there is such a thing. :)
I wanted a can ~ 2.6" diameter. I'm already using 'tuna' and 'water chestnut' cans for other stuff but, at ~3.3" dia. they were too big for this particular application.
--Winston
Just now I wanted to shorten a soup can to make a ~1.2" tall 'drip cup'.
I rotated the open end of the can 90 and used a can opener to remove the top seam.
Successive passes shortened the can to the right height in about no time.
Filed the sharp edges and I have my part for No Money.
:)
--Winston
Winston wrote:

I just use a kitchen shears and am done in one pass. ;-)
Cheers! Rich
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 18:51:14 -0700, Rich Grise

I just whack it in half with my katana in mid air. I'm done in a tenth the time you are. ;-)
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Slicing cans of whipped cream in midair might make an interesting video. Perhaps 'Funny or Die' could interest Jessica Biel, Emily Browning or Summer Glau to lend a fierce expression and stunt training.
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 06:41:12 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins

And lend absolutely babelicious facets to the show. (I just saved "Sucker Punch" to my Netflix list.)
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

They would have to be covered head to toe (black leather?) to protect against the sharp edges of a cut can.
If they could afford her this is an absolutely ferocious warrior woman: http://www.sophiacrawford.com/sophia-crawford-resume.htm
jsw
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:00:14 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins

Works for me. <wink>

Yum!
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

I love that John Belushi Samurai Deli chef skit where he tossed a tomato in the air and sliced it with a Samurai sword.
His look was priceless, not a "Wow, I hit it" look, but a "What? Were you thinking I was going to miss it?" look. With a little "Holy shit, I hit it" mixed in.
It musta been sharp because the tomato dropped straight down, not thrown towards the audience.
If that was live, he nailed it.
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Steve B wrote:

It is definitely plausible - compare tossing a baseball in the air, and whacking it with the bat. :-)
But once I saw a comic talk about swordsmen proving how sharp their swords are by chopping a carrot in half - he said, "Sharp?" and whacked the mic stand with the carrot and sure enough, it broke in half. ;-)
But you still have to hit the thing. ;-)
Cheers! Rich
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:04:21 -0700, "Steve B"

That was a great skit. I'm sure, knowing what we do about Belushi, that it was both live and real. He was one real wild and crazy guy, wasn't he?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i a_1255556972
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

When hair hides the face assume it's the stunt double. Crawford's face appears briefly during a sword fight.
I didn't think Gellar was all that hot. She disappears in a row of other actresses, such as the very brief time she lasted as a cheerleader. I liked her better in the second season when they left off the heavy babydoll makeup that hindered her acting.
jsw

Maybe they hired Santa Claus during his off season and he KNOWS that you've been bad.
Anyway, Whedon's current project has potential: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228 /
jsw
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:12:21 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins

Nah, the revised stuff is never as good as the original. The MI movies were the exceptions.
-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

I've said that after many flights in Army aircraft.
jsw
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:12:21 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins

Are they really going to beat that one to death, too?
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 06:25:45 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
[...]

Yikes! I am not into it on that scale!
On Mar 27, 11:11pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Nor am I. "Forever Knight" attracted an intelligent and literate fan base that was diluted with too many gushing kiddies when Buffy came along.
Goddard is the rare combination of an excellent writer with a thorough scientific education. He's the grandson of the rocket Goddard.
jsw