Cheapest Can Trimmer

When hair hides the face assume it's the stunt double. Crawford's face appears briefly during a sword fight.

I didn't think Gellar was all that hot. She disappears in a row of other actresses, such as the very brief time she lasted as a cheerleader. I liked her better in the second season when they left off the heavy babydoll makeup that hindered her acting.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Maybe they hired Santa Claus during his off season and he KNOWS that you've been bad.

Anyway, Whedon's current project has potential:

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Nah, the revised stuff is never as good as the original. The MI movies were the exceptions.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've said that after many flights in Army aircraft.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins
[...]

Yikes! I am not into it on that scale!

Reply to
mkoblic

Are they really going to beat that one to death, too?

Reply to
mkoblic

Nor am I. "Forever Knight" attracted an intelligent and literate fan base that was diluted with too many gushing kiddies when Buffy came along.

Goddard is the rare combination of an excellent writer with a thorough scientific education. He's the grandson of the rocket Goddard.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Yes, 'twas another good program.

I think that's what the teevee stations want. A bigger base. They most likely care less how good their programming is if it brings in eyeballs. Look at the Dumb and Dumber phenomenon. Braindead stupid movies and horrifying reality progs seem to bring in the bullion.

Cool.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's the result of programming that costs and brings in a million or two per hour. I like to think of the advertising as a tax on food, and avoid those brands.

Unscripted reality TV came out of the writers' strike.

panem et circenses jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins
[...]

Yeah, he was not bad for a kid with one leg shorter than the other. I have had the privilege to train with one of the two of his remaining pupils certified as instructors.

Michael Koblic, Campbell River, BC

Reply to
mkoblic

He's lucky he wasn't a girl. They'd have called her Ilean.

Cool. What discipline? Jeet?

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I guess you can say that, although he has his own style now. He was invited to do a seminar specifically on power punching.

Michael Koblic, Campbell River, BC

Reply to
mkoblic

I was always amazed at the amount of power Bruce could put into a 3" long strike. It was totally inhuman. Has anyone ever mastered that as well as he did?

-- Most people assume the fights are going to be the right versus the left, but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks. -- Jimmy Wales

Reply to
Larry Jaques
[...]

Who'd know unless you measured it objectively? There is an awful lot of BS surrounding these parlor tricks.

Reply to
mkoblic

The big one is that you don't have your normal depth perception with one eye, or a camera. Punches can miss short by a considerable distance. A long focal length lens compresses the foreground and background together.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And many others. Don't start me on the subject of BS in Martial Arts.

Reply to
mkoblic