Cincinnati Horozontal Mill problem

You won't find them at that price in Aus.

Reply to
Tom Miller

"Tom Miller" wrote in message news:43df03f1$ snipped-for-privacy@quokka.wn.com.au...

Further to the saga of the horizontal milling machine, we today decided to give it the Lazarus treatment. We pulled the gearbox out of it and immediately found the real cause of the problem. The countershaft nut had backed off and allowed excessive!! clearance in the bearings. we tightened it up, decided we could live with the wear in the gears and will re-assemble it next week. Someone asked about photo's so I've put thee in the dropbox.

Regards

Tom Miller

Reply to
Tom Miller

"Tom Miller" wrote in message news:43df03f1$ snipped-for-privacy@quokka.wn.com.au...

Last word on the Cincinnati Mill.

We re-assembled it after cleaning out the oil sump and filters. . A test run was successful and it is back to work for it..

Thanks to all for your suggestions and encouragement.

Tom Miller

Reply to
Tom Miller