Clausing DRO pics

Clausing 8520 with BP M-head and DRO pics in dropbox. DRO is Mititiyo capacitive scale unit. See text on shortning the scales. This mill is in my basement shop. I have a real Bridgeport out in the garage, but in the winter months, I use the Clausing a lot. --Doozer in Buffalo

is under IMGclausing DRO.

Reply to
doozer75

Doozer

Clausing 8520 with BP M-head and DRO pics in dropbox

Like the pictures. Real nice.

I hope to get a mill this year. But have a space problem. How wide is yours. How much wall space does it need?

Take care Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

I have the same mill (but with Clausing head and Shooting Star DRO) and the footprint is 40" deep x 70" tall x 52" wide. The width includes travel to both extremes. You'd need a bit of additional vertical clearance to pull out the draw bar on the Clausing head.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Was it difficult to mount the BP M Head to the Clausing 8520 Mill?

Yhanks.

Joe...

Reply to
JB

Hi Joe-- Mounting it was easy. See pic 0015. The adapter is a 1.25" thick steel block. It is as tall as the iron part of the head, and it is as wide as the head's flange. The ram is mounted flush with the bottom. This gives 1" additional daylight compared to the origional head. Had to bore it for a protrusion from the ram's mounting flange. Also had to bore it for a 2" piece of round, to fit the register on the BP head. Sort of a dowel pin. For bolts and washers use allen or gr8. I have a cad drawing of it around here somewhere. --Doozer

Reply to
doozer75