coin

I have a 1946 Penney, and I would like to know how I can attach a brass safety pin to it securely. to the back.and what tools are required, to do this Thanks Stan .

Reply to
sapper483

She's probably too old by now to allow you to permanently attach anything to her back. Sixty-one year old women don't normally put up with that crap.

An athletic cup, at the least, would be one tool you'll need.

Now, a penny - even a steel one - can be brazed or silver soldered. I'd suggest a low-melt silver solder, so you don't warp or discolor it badly. Be prepared to clean the whole thing after soldering.

Well-cleaned back, small torch; reducing flame; good flux; evenly applied heating on a graphite block to prevent warping.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Excellent Lloyd! LOL

Reply to
John

I had a '38 Penney. Finally divorced the bitch when I discovered she'd been having affairs for the entire time we were married.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

First if the coin has a signifigent numismatic value you might opt for attaching a clamping rim to maintain the qualities of the coin. If this is not a concern, then epoxy of solder would do the trick.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Is it steel or copper??

Reply to
Jerry Wass

Note the year.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

And now you wouldn't give a plugged nickel for her?

(My $.02 worth)

Reply to
Rex

I was inclined to look at it more like arsenic.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Chuckle!

Going on 30 years now with a good and moral woman.

They are not all created equally!

Harold and Susan Vordos