1946 ME article ...

Anybody got Issue 2360 of ME from 1946 ...
I've been asked for a copy of the Burrell Compound Engines article on page 121
by Leslie L Smallbone ... by one of his descendants ;)
Reply to
Lester Caine
If no one on here has it, the Society of Model and Experimental Engineers (SMEE)
have an extensive library at their headquarters in South London which includes all issues of ME so they may be able to help you.
Another possibility is to contact the present editor of Model Engineer snipped-for-privacy@myhobbystore.com (website
) explaining why you want a copy.
Alan
Reply to
Alan Dawes
Had a reply off list - it was just a letter from Leslie about an earlier article. I've copied the text to his relatives but I suspect they were hoping for a little more ;)
Reply to
Lester Caine
It looks like The Miniature Railway Supply co Ltd (01442 214702) have a secondhand copy of that issue.
However it looks like I may be free on saturday and can visit SMEE HQ. If so I can see if they have a copy that I can photograph and then email to you. Would that be useful?
Alan Alan
Reply to
Alan Dawes
I don't think there is any need ... I could get a scan from Andy but it's only a single paragraph of text. But thanks for offering.
I think the original enquirer was hoping that it was an article their grandfather had written ... I have an index of Burrell related articles on the MEDW site which they had found but no details on that particular reference.
Reply to
Lester Caine