Cold sun rising

Translation: When you can't challenge the message, you berate the messenger.
On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:54:47 -0700, Just Wondering

Sean Davis, who wrote that piece, has a degree in finance and nothing in his background that suggests an understanding of science. He cribbed most of the article from another news source, one even less likely to know anything about science.
And he completely misrepresented the difference in temperatures and temperature predictions from the source. What he would have said, if he knew what he was doing, is that the models and the observed data follow the same trend lines. The difference is a small multiplier, not a qualitative one.
Why do you quote these people? Do you think they know what they're doing? They don't.
--
Ed Huntress

On 11/13/2015 2:27 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

The guy whose work he cited, Roy Spencer, is a well-known denier who works as a meteorologist and has academic credentials in it, but does *not* work investigating climate change. He has no published papers in which he has attempted to rebut any of the peer-reviewed work in climate change. He has written a couple of popular press books, snarking at the climate change scientists.
He's also a proponent of "intelligent design."
On 11/13/2015 1:54 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

The translation is, you are an extreme ideologue who hates science.
On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:48:19 -0700, Just Wondering

You have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, you're talking about stochastic models and treating them like mathematical models. That's the first mistake made by the ignorant.
So you're just contributing to the noise.

That's an ignorant conclusion.
--
Ed Huntress

On 11/12/2015 11:37 AM, benj wrote:

Nope. Your claim is the fabrication, and it is *purely* motivated by a particularly stupid kind of reactive politics.
On 11/12/2015 12:15 PM, Rick Blaine wrote:

One day Chicken Little was walking in the woods when -- KERPLUNK -- an acorn fell on her head Oh my goodness! said Chicken Little. "The sky is falling! I must go and tell the king."
On her way to the king's palace, Chicken Little met Henny Penny. Henny Penny said that she was going into the woods to hunt for worms.
"Oh no, don't go!" said Chicken Little. "I was there and the sky fell on my head! Come with me to tell the king."
So Henny Penny joined Chicken Little and they went along and went along as fast as they could.
Soon they met Cocky Locky, who said, "I'm going to the woods to hunt for seeds."
"Oh no, don't go!" said Henny Penny. "The sky is falling there! Come with us to tell the king."
So Cocky Locky joined Henny Penny and Chicken Little, and they went along and went along as fast as they could.
Soon they met Goosey Poosey, who was planning to go to the woods to look for berries.
"Oh no, don't go!" said ocky Locky. "The sky is falling there! Come with us to tell the king." So Goosey Poosey joined Cocky Locky, Henny Penny and Chicken Little, and they went along as fast as they could.
Then who should appear on the path but sly old Foxy Woxy.
"Where are you going, my fine feathered friends?" asked Foxy Woxy. He spoke in a polite manner, so as not to frighten them.
"The sky is falling!" cried Chicken Little. "We must tell the king."
"I know a shortcut to the palace," said Foxy woxy sweetly. "Come and follow me."
But wicked Foxy Woxy did not lead the others to the palace. He led them right up to the entrance of his foxhole. Once they were inside, Foxy Woxy was planning to gobble them up!
Just as Chicken Little and the others were about to go into the fox's hole, they heard a strange sound and stopped.
It was the king's hunting dogs, growling and howling. How Foxy Woxy ran, across the meadows and through the forests, with the hounds close behind. He ran until he was far, far away and never dared to come back again.
After that day, Chicken Little always carried an umbrella with her when she walked in the woods. The umbrella was a present from the king. And if -- KERPLUNK -- an acorn fell, Chicken Little didn't mind a bit. In fact, she didn't notice it at all.
On 11/12/2015 2:13 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

I have no doubt that some science deniers are of the kind who take children's stories and fairy tales, with their talking animals and other fantasy elements, as literally true and real. So be sure to always carry your umbrella; its the only certain protection there is against all the adverse effects of climate change, you know!

Ricki Baby, you've been duped. And not by experts either. Unless or until you start reducing your personal carbon footprint to that of a snail darter, go away. And when you do, well, stay away.
--

to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an
easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to
On 11/12/2015 4:51 PM, One Party System wrote:

No, you have. I don't agree with him on much, but he's right on this, and you are wrong. Like all the other knuckle-draggers, you stupidly think that the global warming issue is "only" about leftists wanting to throttle business. Leftists *do* want to throttle business, and they *are* making use of the global warming issue as a tool for doing so, but it doesn't mean that global warming is "false." It isn't - it's real, and it is anthropogenic.
It is in developing a response to it that libertarians and conservatives have a legitimate reason to oppose leftists. The way to deal with it is through government policies that yield market solutions. As societies, we get to set the parameters through politics as to the boundaries of the market. That's the way to solve it.

30272650.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream

nonsen

survey-

warming/myths/31000-

research

causers

or

-
Clearly we will need to kill your kind off to save civil society.
--

to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an
easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to
On 11/12/2015 09:18 PM, One Party System wrote:

Standard commie Lib approach. Go to murder and violence. They are all so "caring"! Ever count up how many people were murdered during their little Marxist social experiment?
--

On 11/12/2015 6:18 PM, One Party System wrote:

You won't do it. You know you won't. You know you'd die if you tried it. Come on, try it.
On 11/12/2015 6:51 PM, One Party System wrote:

Onesie baby, I understand that the ability to adequately comprehend the scientific processes involved and to acknowledge objective reality and reject self-serving propaganda and lies is beyond most science deniers, and that it upsets and confuses them when they encounter it in others. But you need to understand that neither I nor the facts of climate change are just going to go away because you wish we would.

Bet you still beleive in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy too.

We'll add that to the list of shit you don't know anything about.
On 11/16/2015 6:31 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

I do hope this know-it-all syndrome isn't catching.