Cold sun rising

If Rudy is correct, then any claim that global warming is a "bad thing" has no scientific basis, since according to Rudy that is a political discussion, not a scientific one, so citing science to support a political claim that global warming is a "bad thing" is bullshit.

Reply to
Just Wondering

That's not the argument. The argument isn't about the release of energy from burning fossil fuels. The argument (greatly simplified) is that CO2 released by burning fossil fuels is akin to increasing your attic insulation - it impairs heat in the biosphere from radiating into space. The trouble is, the system is so complex that so-called climatologists don't understand all the variables, and their computer models make predictions that aren't supported by the observed data.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Try it and see what happens.

No there wasn't.

You're an idiot who talks through his hat.

Go look up Ponte and his book. You're in for a surprise.

You're just lashing out at everything here, because you're as ignorant of this subject as a tree stump and you can't fugure out why.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Holy shit you're stupid.

The most common replacements for chlorofluorocarbons are mixtures of volatile hydrocarbons, typically propane, n-butane, and isobutane.

Reply to
Klaus Schadenfreude

We'll add that to the list of shit you don't know anything about.

Reply to
Klaus Schadenfreude

What would be the total energy of the fossil fuels burned for the last

50 years? What is the total energy from the sun that has been received by the earth in the last 50 years?

===============

The heat from combustion isn't the issue. The Earth radiates the day's heat input back to space at night until the temperature falls to the dew point, then the extra heat released by condensation hold it there.

"Many nights the minimum air temperature is near the dew point. When temperatures begin to drop below the dew point condensation releases large amounts of energy that tends to prevent the temperature from dropping much further."

There is still a considerable margin to lose more heat by radiation at night.

The real, unanswered question is how (or if) the admittedly small greenhouse effect from increasing CO2 is amplified by water, which has overwhelmingly the greatest greenhouse effect of all gases. The climate models do not predict cloud cover well enough to determine that, forcing the True Believers to uphold the false self-esteem they derive from "knowing" they are Right with indignant faith-based pronouncements that they are correct no matter what the contrary evidence, attempt to ignore Nature with Orwellian bullshit such as "Weather isn't climate", and selectively dismiss or "correct" historical temperature data that doesn't support their desired conclusion.

That's the obstructive political meddling I object to and try to expose. I don't claim to know the scientific answer and personally have reduced my fossil fuel consumption to a level most people I know consider unreachable.

"models did not even agree on whether the net cloud feedback was positive or negative"

"Positive feedback" means a small input amplifies itself, like a thin upright column falling faster the further it leans. Negative feedback corrects disturbances, like a pendulum returning to center. Cloud cover tends to hold the temperature nearly steady both day and night.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

OMPMD?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° =? UTF-8?B?YcKwYsKwZSDihpLimKJFZHNWaQ= =?= wrote in news:eo92y.129901$ snipped-for-privacy@fx19.ams:

You are a bigoted scumbag. And not an American.

Reply to
One Party System

TeueX?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° =? UTF-8?B?YcKwYsKwZSDihpLimKJJWHhTZQ= =?= wrote in news:qac2y.82562$ snipped-for-privacy@fx04.ams:

Only idiots say it is so absent evidence.

Criminals make up evidence to support thier unsupported theories to exert thier criminal influence over a free market.

Reply to
One Party System

oPsDI?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??CmnoH wrote in news:Y%e2y.69881$ snipped-for-privacy@fx16.ams:

Let me make this simple for you asswipe.

If the ratio is 1 to 100 you MIGHT have a point. If the ration is 1 to

1,000,000,000,000 you're an idiot.
Reply to
One Party System

I have no theories. You have even less.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I learned that in school. When The subject of the earth being a sphere came up, they always pointed out that someone believed it was a sphere even though the common belief was that it was flat.

You snipped out Chris's post:

So what. Please explain in detail why it is significant that I snipped out Chris's post. Otherwise I will assume your posting that was a diversionary tactic.

I do not remember the name of my fourth grade teacher, much less her source. You are the one saying that most Greeks believed the earth was a sphere. Where is your source? You made the claim, now back it up or admit you picked the idea out of the air.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Too bad. The common people couldn't write. Maybe your teachers had microchips implanted in their molars.

The common people didn't fund Columbus's voyage, either. Educated people knew the earth was more-or-less spherical. They just didn't agree on how big it was. And they didn't know about the continents between Europe and Japan.

As I said, you're slipping lately, Dan. You snipped it out AGAIN. Go back and read it, and you'll see he was talking about why seafarers didn't sail west. It's a load of crap. Seafarers knew full well that the earth was spherical.

I said no such thing. You aren't reading very carefully these days, either.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"Although volcanoes are active around the world, and continue to emit carbon dioxide as they did in the past, the amount of carbon dioxide they release is extremely small compared to human emissions. On average, volcanoes emit between 130 and 230 million tonnes of carbon dioxide per year. By burning fossil fuels, people release in excess of

100 times more, about 26 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide, into the atmosphere every year (as of 2005). As a result, human activity overshadows any contribution volcanoes may have made to recent global warming."

"Today, an estimated 5.6 gigatons of carbon are released into the atmosphere each year due to fossil fuel burning. Burning of tropical forests contributes another 2.4 gigatons of carbon per year; or, about

30 percent of the total."

Which rasies the question: Are you willfully ignorant, or just incompetant to look things up before you open your foolish mouth?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Just Wondering wrote on 2015-11-16 03:07:

You are over simplifying with the attic insulation argument.

CO2 is not insulating. It is absorbing heating from the sunlight.

The earth does have its own natural warm-cold cycles due to solar activities and volcanic activities, but man-made CO2 is ADDING to the equation and must be accounted for. Only fools think these extra man-made CO2 has no effect to the average global temperature.

Solar Absorption Spectrum (please note that water vapour is natural, but EXTRA CO2 is ADDITIONAL due to human activities):

    *

Note that the absorption spectrum due to CO2 is mostly on the right-hand side, the longer wavelength infra-red which accounts for heat, not visible light.

Reply to
FLnLb?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??QRyNo

PaxPerPoten wrote on 2015-11-16 02:10:

CO2 from 50 years of burning fossil fuels is MAN-MADE and EXTRA to the equation of global temperature. Of course the sun and earth has a long established hot-cold cycle, but it is foolish to believe the man-made CO2 has no effect.

Let me give you an example. The waterline of your boat goes up and down due to wave and tide as your boat bobs up and down and rocks side to side. Do you think I will affect the waterline if I jump onboard your boat? Do you think if one-person-per-minute jumps onboard your boat will have any effect on the waterline of your boat? Do you think your boat will stay afloat forever if the one-person-per-minute activity doesn't stop?

Reply to
NGhIj?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??QspBC

Just Wondering wrote on 2015-11-16 03:03:

Global warming creates climate change. It upsets the earth's natural cycle. This "tipping of the balance" may create a runaway effect that humans cannot reverse.

For the short term, global temperature rise may benefit cold regions so that they can grow tropical vegetables that they couldn't before, but other animals and plants will die before they could adapt. And sea level rise will submerge coastal cities world-wide.

Reply to
hsNMI?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??Oaifp

Interesting that it's a fallacy and not a theory. If one wants to debate with an open mind, that certainly builds in the proper conclusion for the reader to reach.

Oh, yes sir, there most certainly was.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

On 11/15/2015 10:35 PM, Poxed Impotent lied:

Yes.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

That's talking, ignorantly, about CFCs.

You need to leave this discussion to the adults.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza