Cold sun rising

The real scientists, boy, are the ones who have confirmed that global warming is a fact.

Your denial is based purely on ideology, not on facts and not on science.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

A stupid comment from an unthinking and outrageously ignorant ideologue.

Your nym is wrong.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

Completely debunked bullshit. No, volcanoes do not emit more greenhouse gases than we put into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuels.

You're stupid. You're not just stupid, you are credulous and

*willfully* stupid, as all ideological extremists, but especially right-wing knuckle-draggers, always are.

Your nym is shit. It's not legitimate Latin. It's more proof of your ignorance.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

On 11/15/2015 11:15 PM, Poxed Impotence, stupid wannabe GI Joe, lied:

Yes, Poxed Impotence. You *are* an idiot, by your own admission.

Your nym is bullshit. It's not legitimate Latin.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

On 11/15/2015 11:26 PM, Poxed Impotence, stupid wannabe GI Joe, lied:

"and" [sic] "Eighth" [sic] grade drop out?

Too funny. No wonder your nym is completely f***ed up.

My formal education vastly surpasses yours, little wannabe.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

"After the Greek philosophers Pythagoras, in the 6th century BC, and Parmenides, in the 5th, recognized that the Earth is spherical, the spherical view spread rapidly in the Greek world."

"By the 1st century AD, Pliny the Elder was in a position to claim that everyone agrees on the spherical shape of Earth,..."

One reason was the Earth's curved shadow on the Moon during an eclipse.

I'm on dialup because I don't have cable TV. Why can't those of you with broadband look up and provide references to settle arguments?

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

It *is* true. Political and social commentators are the ones expressing worries over the consequences of global warming. Scientists are simply pointing out what those consequences are and will be.

Bullshit.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

No one claimed it did.

Once again, you show that you don't know science - you only know ideology.

Reply to
Rüdy Canôza

Stormin Moron was drugged out of his mind. He thought CFC in spray cans caused global warming.

Reply to
xtCPM?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??jEsIV

PPP thinks the earth is only 6,000 years old. God planted those dinosaur bones in the ground to test his faith.

Reply to
oNcoI?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??dBvGI

They're stating what has happened to the "theory" as it became exposed to contradictory evidence. It's no longer a "theory." It's a failed hypothesis, or a fallacy.

In the 1950s? I don't remember "lots of palaver." I remember the "nuclear winter" hypothesis, but not much talk about it.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I sympathize with your dialup situation, but there are two issues: Solid references are no assurance that the knuckle-draggers will stop their nonsense. They'll attack the references instead. And secondly, sometimes it's better to let them dig themselves in deeper before

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Can't you read? I SAID it was greatly simplified.

And I didn't say that CO2 is "insulating." I said it "impairs heat in the biosphere from radiating into space," which it does. Learn to read, try to understand, before criticizing something you actually agree with. It's not about CO2 "absorbing heat from the sunlight." The sun emits radiant energy at certain frequencies, some of which penetrate the atmosphere. That energy is absorbed by all kinds of things, not just CO2, and is then emitted at other frequencies which the atmosphere blocks from radiating back out. This mechanism is a good thing, because without it all the water on earth would be frozen solid.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Every last ounce of that carbon was once atmospheric CO2. It's all part of the circle of life. By all accounts the age of the dinosaurs was a lush tropical paradise.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Every global warming alarmist, every last one of them starting from AlGore and working down to you, does claim exactly that.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Follow the link here I have repeated from my last post:

    *

It compares the spectrum of sunlight outside the atmosphere and the sunlight hitting ground on earth. CO2 absorbs a part of the infrared spectrum and became heat.

If you cannot understand the graph, please find someone who can to explain to you.

The EXTRA CO2 from human activities translates to EXTRA heat that contributes to EXTRA global warmer outside of the normal naturally occurring heating-cooling cycle.

Only merry fools like you can believe these EXTRA CO2 from human activities doesn't affect anything.

Reply to
ywFCy?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??aXSaU

Those lush tropical paradise trapped all the CO2 and then disappeared. The earth re-adjusted. Now we are releasing those trapped CO2 like crazy in a short time-span. The earth will re-adjust again. The re-adjustment is Global Warming.

Reply to
QOOMl?? M°i°g°h°t°y ? W°a°n°n° a°b°e ??xsCbf

CO2 becomes heat? Do you even read what you write before you hit "send"? CO2 doesn't become heat. What you wrote literally states that solar radiation causes CO2 (matter) to become heat (energy), in other words, that global warming is caused by atmospheric nuclear fission.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Resulting in extinction-level global freezing.

Which if it exists at all is at levels so low they are within the margin of measurable error, and which if it exists at all is, on a global level, a good thing, not a cause for alarm.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Pronoun trouble once again from the bigoted retard crowd.

Reply to
Uncle Steve