I am sure that the wife would not appreciate the "my hose is too > short" excuse..."/>

Compressor Gloat

So, I was in Grainger today picking up a 3/8" NPT tap to do a quickie repair job for my FIL (his spring mechanic's air table actuator valve had a 3/8"
pipe nipple broken off in it). This was to be performed before my head exploded from the fever that had been pounding me the better part of the week. As soon as I walk in the door, I see it. A gasoline powered air compressor capable of 11.8CFM @ 90psi. I had bee thinking about getting one, but the budget didn't allow. 'Til now.
Grainger had the thing at less than half off. The reason? It had a leaky regulator, so the the local Ingersoll-Rand sevice center repaired & tested it. They had to put gas in it to do so. Grainger can't sell an item with gas in it as new. This means a $985 compressor for $450. Plus the gas in the tank.
I took it outside to "try before I buy". It has a similar Honda engine that my pressure washer has, so I know how to set all the levers. Started up first pull. A little noisy, but pressures up quickly and then idles down to a whisper.
I'll take it.
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4YW08
Maybe now I'll get off my ass and install the quarter round on the baseboards in the house...

I have many 3/8 NPT taps for sale.

That's an awesome deal.

Iggy
How about a couple 7/8"- 9 taps ?
Steve

I have Hanson 7/8-9 tap sets. Bottoming, plug and taper and middle.
http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Hanson-7_8-9-Taps /
$15 plus $5 shipping
Also two HSS TAPS SHOWN HERE:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/7-8-9-taps.jpg
One is brand new
same price
By the way, to say that I have a shitload of taps, would be an understatement.
Ignoramus26246 writes:

How about 1"-32? M42x0.75?

Yep, got one. Looks new to me.

Nope
Ignoramus15455 writes:

OK, email me with the details.

Thanks for selling me this tap. A rare specimen and like new.

I am glad that all went well...
Thanks Richard... Good luck with your project etc...
On Fri, 09 May 2008 22:20:15 -0500, Ignoramus26246

Got a 7/8-5 Acme, right hand?
Gunner

I sold all my ACME taps.
I do, however, have an ACME threaded rod.
On Sat, 10 May 2008 22:44:46 -0500, Ignoramus15455

I need a nut for a sweet little mill that they hit with a forklift and drove the x axis screw through the nut.
Gunner
On Fri, 09 May 2008 19:31:55 -0500, Ignoramus26246

1" npt?
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

No 1" taps.

LOL. You been talking to my wife Johnny????
Near fell out of my chair at that tag line.
Dave

Funny, 'cause it's true. Of couse, this means I need to find the mondo deal on a pnuematic trim nailer.
Iggy?
Sadly I have that 2-1/2" x 16G nailer. Not sure what my next excuse will be. Short hose I guess. Nah, actually I'll do them later this week.
Dave

I am sure that the wife would not appreciate the "my hose is too short" excuse...
> I am sure that the wife would not appreciate the "my hose is too > short" excuse...
LOL I walked into THAT one Ig.
No complaints so far, but you never know, these women can be fickle. <grin>
Dave