Considering Doall Bandsaws

I'm still looking for a good bandsaw.

Is there any difference in the user friendliness of the Hydraulic i.e. the 1612-3 fed tables versus the Pneumatic fed tables like the

2012-1AC?

Thanks,

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan and Diana Reid

I really need some advice. The 2012-1AC is a 1980 and does not seem to have any accessories or extra guides. The 1612-3 is a 1966 has 11 new blades, 7 used ones, 2 manual feeds and a complete collection of blade guides.

I do not know how difficult it is to find blade guides or if guides are typically carbide. I could make new tool steel guides but have no current capability for machining slots in carbide.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan and Diana Reid

Do-All is still in business so why not give them a call and ask them what blade guides cost. I have a 16" Doall with Hydro table, well made machine. It came with a bunch of guides, can't recall if they are carbide or not.

Tony

Reply to
Tony