Cool Welding Movie

I think I learned something:

Tim Wescott

t=3D3

I counted about 4 seconds between arcs... 10,000 fps, or 2500Hz.

Unless that video was of high-freq AC welding, I think now we know where the nice frying sound comes from...

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

I was thinking that, too.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Dave__67 fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@m10g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

I think we also now know where "spatter" comes from!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Software

I counted about 4 seconds between arcs... 10,000 fps, or 2500Hz.

Unless that video was of high-freq AC welding, I think now we know where the nice frying sound comes from...

Dave

********************** There a lot more than 4 displayed frames per arc cycle(and we don't know how many frames are missing either) so it's unlikely to be 2500Hz. Assuming the third text line is the time stamp(in seconds) that gives an arc period of .0095 sec or 105Hz. I was expecting 120Hz so that may not be right either. Art
Reply to
Artemus

Looking at the poster, vurtrunner, shows details such as a .de domain so German IIRC. The arc period of 105Hz should make more sense with a mains frequency of 50Hz in Europe.

Reply to
David Billington