Live Ordnance from EDF Plane

I'm new to this, so pardon any faux pas...
I am curious if anyone has any experience shooting something like bottle rockets (or other live self-propelled
ordnance) from a flying EDF RC plane. It seems like it would be a simple mod to an existing plane by adding another RC channel, servo, and battery to ignite a fuse.
Anyone ever done this (pardon my ignorance)?
Tom
--
slothead

Is it legal? Peter
Drawfiler wrote:

For something similar, these guys dropped a rocket-propelled model X1 from a model B-29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSNYk4L3XEg&feature=PlayList&p
A7538639629478&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&indexB
and I think other people have done similar things.

If the thing dropped counts as "ordnance", probably not.
-- Peter Fairbrother
Peter Fairbrother wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSNYk4L3XEg&feature=PlayList&p
A7538639629478&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&indexB

Article 98 of the ANO states:
(1) A person shall not cause or permit any article or animal (whether or not attached to a parachute) to be dropped from a small aircraft so as to endanger persons or property."
Which would seem to imply that you can drop things, if you can do it without endangering persons or property. Which might be tricky, but not impossible.
I suppose that could be done for eg a bottle rocket too, if you have enough space, and I can't find any other relevant law [*] - but I am not a lawyer, and there may very well be other laws against it. Check with one first!
[*] apart from the usual laws about setting off fireworks
-- Peter Fairbrother

A guy at my radio flying club drops sweets from one of his models every year at the club do for the kids to chase after, afaik it's legal but ianal...
-- Boo

Not a subject relevant to uk.rec.models.engineering, but you'll probably get introduced to The Explosive Substances Act 1883 by the prosecution if you try it.
Mark Rand RTFM

Spoil sport!

Even on 5th November?