Crippled NYC Subways Could Hamper Storm Recovery

http://news.yahoo.com/crippled-nyc-subways-could-hamper-storm-recovery-213709153.html
"Experts suggested that the cost of repairs could be staggering.
A report released last year by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority estimated that a flood roughly comparable to the one that hit the city Monday night would do $10 billion in damage to the transportation infrastructure and cause another $40 billion in economic losses due to the paralyzing effects of a crippled transit system."
"We have to start thinking about how we redesign the system so this doesn't happen again," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. "I don't think anyone can sit back anymore and say, 'I'm shocked at this weather pattern.' There is no weather pattern that can shock me anymore."

http://news.yahoo.com/crippled-nyc-subways-could-hamper-storm-recovery-213709153.html

I remember ny being infested with rats and black widows. I wonder what effect this will have on their populations? The rats bring disease to even the richest parts of NY.
Storm damage, and now disease? Glad I'm no where near there.
I remember ny being infested with rats and black widows. I wonder what effect this will have on their populations? The rats bring disease to even the richest parts of NY.
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:23:46 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

<snip> ================= What a load of self serving c**p!
"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history." Friedrich Hegel
Our "leadership" learned nothing from the 1929 collapse, nothing from 2008 implosion, and will learn nothing from this disaster either, particularly if this interferes with the money making plans of their major campaign donors and patrons.
More thinking is not required, but implementation of the plans formulated in the aftermath of the last storm disaster is. ==>"To do is always better than to say."<=
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,